So don't usually like to "preach" but for all you animal lovers we NEED and WANT your help in keeping animals safe. Go to crueltyfreeinterenational.org/NYR and sign the free petition. Need a reason to do So??? Then just take a look at these facts⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ 1. Over 100 million animals are burned, crippled, poisoned, and abused in US labs every year.
2. 92% of experimental drugs that are safe and effective in animals fail in human clinical trials because they are too dangerous or don’t work.
3. Up to 90% of animals used in U.S. labs are not counted in the official statistics of animals tested. Take a stand by signing the petition at www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/NYR
4. Europe, the world’s largest cosmetic market, Israel and India have already banned animal testing for cosmetics, and the sale or import of newly animal-tested beauty products.
5. Even animals that are protected under the AWA can be abused and tortured. And the law doesn’t require the use of valid alternatives.
6. According to the Humane Society, registration of a single pesticide requires more than 50 experiments and the use of as many as 12,000 animals.
7. In tests of potential carcinogens, subjects are given a substance every day for 2 years. Others tests involve killing pregnant animals and testing their fetuses.
8. The real-life applications for some of the tested substances are as trivial as an “improved” laundry detergent, new eye shadow, or copycat drugs to replace a profitable pharmaceutical whose patent expired.
9. Alternative tests achieve one or more of the “3 R’s:” replaces a procedure that uses animals with a procedure that doesn’t, reduces the number of animals used in a procedure, refines a procedure to alleviate or minimize potential animal pain.
10. Several cosmetic tests commonly performed on mice, rats, rabbits, and guinea pigs include: skin and eye irritation tests where chemicals are rubbed on shaved skin or dripped into the eyes without any pain relief.
Only "WE" can stop the cruelty!